Step 1: Visit
Fresta Valley Christian School encourages interested families to schedule a visit. Take a tour of our facilities, sit in on classes and/or attend chapel. Visiting is the best way to see what Fresta Valley has to offer, both spiritually and academically. Registration for each new school year begins in January for re-enrollment and February for initial enrollment.
Step 2: Fill out and return the application
In order to begin the admission process, the following must be returned to the office of admissions:
- A completed and signed Application for Admission
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50
- An Academic and Personal History
- A signed Parental Statement of Support
- A signed Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Copies of the previous year's final report card and the most recent report card for this year
- A copy of the most recent standardized test scores
- A signed Request for Student Records
- A completed Parent Questionnaire
- A completed Student Questionnaire for grades 4 - 12
- A copy of the student's birth certificate (an original will need to be presented upon enrollment)
- Proof of required immunizations or a religious exemption
- Recommendations - one from your pastor and one from a member of your church/current school
- Bus Reservation Form, if applicable
For a copy of our Admissions Application Checklist please click here.
Step 3: Interviews and testing
Upon receipt of all completed application materials, a parent interview (if one has not already occurred) will be scheduled with the Admissions Office and a testing date assigned for the student(s). Students entering grades 7 -12 are required to be present at the interview. The presence of both parents at the interview is encouraged, but not required. After the interview process, a standardized test will be administered for admission to grades 1 - 12. There is a $50 non-refundable fee due at the time of testing to cover the cost of the test/scoring. Testing is not required for preschool or kindergarten. The results of testing aids the school in making decisions regarding appropriate grade placement. Results of the test will be shared with parents.
Step 4: Final decision
With the completion of all steps for admission (including interview and testing), families will be notified of acceptance for enrollment. If a student is accepted, a non-refundable enrollment fee of $125 per student with a $375 family maximum will be required within 10 days of acceptance.
In making its decisions, the administrative team will consider such issues as:
•Is Fresta Valley able to meet the student's academic, social and physical needs?
•Are the student's parents supportive of the school's Christ-centered philosophy so that a partnership with the school can develop?
•Is the student under his or her parents' authority and willing to follow the school's lifestyle guidelines?
•Does the student desire to attend Fresta Valley?
Non-discrimination policy: Fresta Valley Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.